Not only do beets make every dish gorgeous, they have a unique, earthy flavor that makes any side dish delicious. Additionally, beets are high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and manganese. They’re yummy, red health-boosters for your muscle function, bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
This recipe is beautiful and scrumptious. Show off at a dinner party, or just make it as a Sunday afternoon treat for yourself.
- 2 beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese
1. Place sliced beets, vinegar, basil, and garlic in a bowl and marinade for 1+ hours.
2. After marinating, place beets in aluminum foil and pour over remaining marinade. Wrap.
3. Place wrapped beets on grill for 20 minutes.
4. Remove beets from foil, and reserving the marinade, grill individual beets directly on grill for 2 minutes.
5. Plate, drizzle with reserved marinade, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Top with goat cheese crumbles and enjoy.