Does the summer heat leave you feeling hot and sluggish? Hours of playing in the sun can cause dehydration, and dehydration causes fatigue. Our refreshing Watermelon Prosciutto Salad can heal what ails you.
Watermelons are mostly water. In fact, they are made up of about 97% water. In addition to providing hydration and delicious flavor, they also have significant amounts of vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids, which are the basic building blocks of the body.
Add the salty burst of prosciutto bits, creamy goat cheese, tangy balsamic, and bite of arugula and you have a marriage of fresh, summer flavors with dang good nutrition.
2 cups watermelon, cubed
2 cups arugula
4 slices prosciutto
1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. goat cheese (optional)
Salt + pepper to taste
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Spread arugula on a salad plate.
2. Cube watermelon and layer over arugula.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan to medium heat. Chop prosciutto into slices and fry until crispy.
4. Sprinkle fried prosciutto over salad.
5. In the same pan, over med-low heat, cook vinegar until it thickens. Drizzle over salad.
6. Pour extra virgin olive oil over mixture.
7. Sprinkle with goat cheese, if desired.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.